Black Dog Wear - Balance Harness
The Balance Harness is a training tool and should be used as part of a training program to reduce your dog's tendency to pull on lead.
If you are looking for a more genaral purpose Harness, then look at our Dog Harness.
- Do not use this Balance Harness to tether your dog !
- Do not use this Balance Harness as a restraint in a Car!
- Do Not use this Balance Harness with a lead longer than 2 metres!
- The Balance Harness might break if you use it with any of the above, so that's why we suggest you Check-Out the Dog Harness.
- Gently Stops Dogs Pulling and allows Effective Training
- Control from the Front and the Back, using a Double Ended Lead
- - the Extra Large is not available as a Training Pack, but see "Balance Harness Training Packs" for other size Harness/Lead combos
- or Just Connect at the Front, with a normal lead.
- Easy to Fit and adjust - comfortable and strong.
- Restores Balance and allows Effective Lead Training.
**Harnesses will be removed from hard plastic packaging for shipping. Inserts & information are included
A great Walking Harness, and an effective training alternative for dogs with neck issues, or if a head halter is not appropriate.
Mini - 20mm wide Girth Strap, 12mm wide Chest (front) Strap - adjustable girth from 40cm to 50cm
Small - 20mm wide Girth Strap, 20mm wide Chest (front) Strap - adjustable girth from 47cm to 63cm.
Medium - 25mm wide Girth Strap, 25mm wide front chest webbing - adjustable for girth 55cm to 72cm.
Large - 25mm wide Girth Strap, 25mm wide front chest strap - adjustable for girth 66cm to 95cm
Extra Large - 25mm wide Girth Strap, 25mm wide front chest strap - adjustable for girth 90cm to 127cm.
Measuring for a Balance Harness
We size Balance Harnesses by the Girth Measurement of a dog.
Don't just try to guess by breed type - there's lots of variation in sizes of individual dogs, so a Girth Measurement will get the right size harness first time
Check the picture to see where the "Girth Measurement" should be taken.
Use a soft tape measure.
Place the tape measure around your dog's body, just behind the front legs.
Pull it to be a tight, snug fit and read off the measurement.
Now check the chart below, to select the correct size.
Balance Harness Min (cm) Max (cm)
Mini 40 (cm) 50 (cm)
Small 47 (cm) 63 (cm)
Medium 55 (cm) 72 (cm)
Large 66 (cm) 95 (cm)
Extra Large 90 (cm) 127 (cm)
***If your dog is an escape artist, you may also like to consider a Connector Strap as back-up security - they are easily attached as backup security on Balance Harnesses - connected between the Front D Ring (orBack D Ring) and clipped to the dog's collar.
**Special order for Pink and Green